We’re committed to providing state-of-the-art technology at Cooper & Lourie Family Optometrists which will give a much more complete eye exam. The optional DIGITAL RETINAL IMAGING test will photography your retina at incredibly high resolution which enables your Optometrist to enlarge the photo and analysie the retina, optic nerve, blood vessels, and other parts within your eyes. Click here to book you Digital Retina Imaging test online.
We can instantly evaluate the retina tissue for a wide range of problems, some of which include:
- Diabetes of the retina
- Retinal detachment
- Vein/artery disease
- Cholesterol buildup
- Macular degeneration
- Blood leakage
Advantages of DIGITAL RETINAL IMAGING:
- Nothing touches your eyes, and no eye drops are needed
- The retina image can be magnified approximately 600% with 16 mega pixel Canon and Nikon Digital Cameras producing retinal images about 40cm in diameter.
- The images can be enhanced using sophisticated software to highlight details of your eye for study
- As easy as getting your picture taken
- Takes less than 5 minutes to capture the retinal images
- Your images are evaluated at the time the photos are taken and presented to you with a thorough explanation
Images are stored forever and can be compared to future photos taken to study normal and abnormal changes to the health of the eyes
We strongly recommend all patients receive this test, especially those with a history or family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, “floaters”, macular degeneration, glaucoma, severe headaches, pregnant women, highly nearsighted or farsighted individuals, or those who haven’t had an eye exam in two years or more.