Health Fund Optical Rebates
Eligible members can save on prescription glasses, contact lenses, prescription sunglasses and some extras too depending on your level of cover. Please check with your health fund what is included in your policy.
Your rebates will come in every year, so make sure you have made the most out of your entitlements.
We are registered with most of the leading health care funds
Private health funds such as HBF, BUPA, Medibank Private etc, provide rebates for spectacles, sunglasses and contact lenses. These are for set amounts in the different tables of coverage. It is also possible to select lenses and frames which are fully covered by these rebates (NO GAP) (see below).
Not all Health Funds and coverage tables provide the same level of rebate:
- Single Vision Spectacles – $80 to $225*
- Bifocal Spectacles – $110 to $250*
- Progressive or Multi-Focal Spectacles – $130 to $300*
- Prescription Sunglasses – $130 to $300*
- Soft Contact Lenses – $110 to $250*
* Approximate rebates
We are able to claim directly for some funds, thus avoiding the need for patients to pay and claim. Our staff will advise whether your fund and level of coverage is included in these arrangements.
Low Gap Options
Utilise your Health Fund co-payments.
With HiCaps® instant rebates on the spot, you could use your health fund benefit to purchase a spare pair of glasses for the car, home or golf bag for little or no cost.
Use It or Lose It!
Choose to use your health fund entitlement.
Most health funds allow optical (prescription) claims during a 12 month period, usually running calendar year from January till December. Unused claims generally DO NOT carry over to the next year so…IF YOU DO NOT USE IT… YOU LOSE IT
- Most optometric consultations are covered by Medicare. All eligible consultation fees are bulk billed to Medicare and so incur no cost to you.
- Some consultations are not covered by Medicare – please check with our staff to clarify what is covered via Medicare or your private health fund.
- Consultation fees for standard eye examinations are set by the Department of Health and our optometrists charge only the scheduled fees. These are then covered by Medicare (see below).
- For any which are not covered by Medicare, we charge only the recommended fees.
Spectacles, Sunglasses and Contact Lenses
- Concessions are available for Seniors & Pensioners.
- We are a preferred provider for BUPA.
- Spectacles are provided at no cost for patients covered by Veterans Affairs.
Spectacles and contact lenses are provided at no cost for patients covered by Veterans Affairs. Our staff will be pleased to advise you on your entitlement.