Cooper & Lourie Family Optometrists are excited to invite you to experience the incredible perfect vision benefits of “Ortho K”.
Ortho K is the short name for Orthokeratology (Corneal Reshaping), an amazing breakthrough in corrective vision which allows excellent daytime vision without glasses or contact lenses.
Near Perfect Day Time Vision Without Contacts or Glasses Orthokeratology is a non-surgical, 100% naturally reversible gentle reshaping of the eye using specially designed contact lenses that you wear whilst sleeping. After waking in the morning, you remove your Ortho K contact lenses to find near perfect vision. Your reshaped corneal surface allows clear and natural vision for the rest of your waking day… without the need for prescription glasses or contact lenses!
Applies to most Optical Conditions Wearing Ortho K contact lenses overnight will give you between 1-2 days of near perfect vision, depending on the degree of optical correction you require. It works best with short sightedness, but can also correct farsightedness, presbyopia (the need for reading glasses) and astigmatism.
Safe, Non Surgical, Naturally Reversible The effect is not permanent, and your eyes will return to normal after a few days if you stop wearing the Ortho K contact lenses overnight. It’s pleasing to know there are no greater risks in wearing Ortho K lenses than with normal contacts. The Ortho K lenses are surprisingly comfortable to wear and most people comment that they forget they have lenses in the eyes after the first night of sleeping with them in.
Benefits of Ortho K
- Gently and gradually reshapes the surface of eyes to correct refractive error.
- Gives excellent day time vision.
- Great for screen workers who suffer from dry eyes, especially in air-conditioning with regular contacts, and don’t want to wear spectacles.
- Great solution for people who work or play in dusty/dirty environments, those who engage in water sports or contact sports.
- Save money over the long term on purchasing contacts and glasses.
- New studies suggest that myopia progression in children can be slowed or stopped with the use of Ortho K lenses.
- Just as safe to use as other over-night contact lenses.
Imagine no more glasses or contact lenses during the day… You have this option right now!
If any of these points apply to you, call us to arrange a preliminary assessment to confirm your suitability and discuss the benefits of Ortho-K in more detail. Our Optometrist is happy to give you a FREE 10 Minute “Ortho K Consultation” straight after your normal eye examination consultation.